The medium is the massage.
First we build
the tools, then
they build us.
In our new global village, the consumers will become the producers?
The criminal, like the artist, is a social explorer.
We are rapidly changing from a society where business was our culture into a society where culture will be our business.
One of the most controversial and original thinkers of our time, McLuhan is universally regarded as the father of communications and media studies.
But he is far more than that. A charismatic figure, whose remarkable perception propelled him onto the international stage, McLuhan became the prophet of the new information age.
In his own time he drew both accolades and criticism for his intuitive vision, his steady stream of thought-provoking metaphors, and fast-forward glimpses into a world where software would eclipse hardware and the power of mass media would eclipse the power of government. The information superhighway fulfilled his perceptive observation that the world would ultimately become a “global village.”
- Marshall McLuhan: On the Nature of Media
- Understanding Media (eBook)
- War and Peace in the Global Village
- Understanding Media
- The Mechanical Bride (paperback)
- The Medium is the Massage
- The Medium is the Massage (hardcover)
- The Book of Probes
- The Classical Trivium (hardcover)
- The Classical Trivium (softcover)
- Marshall McLuhan
- Marshall McLuhan Unbound
- From Cliché to Archetype
- COUNTERBLAST 1954 Edition